ACF: Field Groups Settings
- Auto Sync PHP
Automatically synchronize field groups with local PHP files upon field group updates. This feature will create, include and update a local PHP file for each field group (just like the native Json sync feature).
- Auto Sync Json
Control which field groups you want to synchronize with local Json files. Display warnings if the Json file has been manually deleted. Manually synchronize Json from field group screen.
Spice up your field groups with a custom taxonomy and filter field groups by terms.
Add permission layer to field groups. Choose which roles can view & edit field groups in the post edition screen.
- Alternative Title
Display an alternative field group title in post edition screen.
Add a personal note in the field group administration. Only visible to administrators
- Custom meta data
Add custom metas (key/value) in the field group administration
- View raw data
Display raw field group data in a modal to check your configuration & settings
- Custom key
Set custom field group key. ie:
- New field group location: All post types
Display field group on all post types edition screen
- New field group location: Post type Archive
Display field group on post types archive screen. Fields are saved in the option:
- New field group location: Taxonomy Archive
Display field group on taxonomies archive screen. Fields are saved in the option:
ACF: Field Groups List
- Column: Category
Display and filter field groups categories
- Column: Locations
Quick view of field groups locations informations using icons & popover
- Column: Load
Quick view of field groups data load source (DB, PHP or Json)
- Column: Sync PHP / Json
Quick view of field groups synchronization status with warnings
- Row action: Export PHP / Json
One-click export for each field groups
- Row action: Field group key
Quick view of field groups keys
- Status: Third party
Display local field groups thats are loaded by ACF, but not available in the ACF field group administration. Example: a field group is registered locally in the
functions.php file, but not in ACF
ACF: Fields Settings
- Bidirectional fields
An advanced bidirectional setting (also called post-to-post) is available for the following fields: Relationship, Post object, User & Taxonomy terms.
Fields will work bidirectionally and automatically update each others. Works in groups & clones (prefixed field names must be turned off).
Usage example is available in the FAQ
- Advanced validation
A more sophisticated validation conditions (AND/OR) with custom error messages in the post edition screen.
- Advanced update filter
Add specific PHP filters right before the value is saved in the database.
Add permission layer to fields. Choose which roles can view & edit fields in the post edition screen. (can be combinated with field groups permissions)
- Image as Featured Thumbnail
Choose if an image field should be considered as post featured thumbnail
- View raw data
Display raw field data in a modal to check your configuration & settings
- New Field: Dynamic message
Display dynamic PHP content using
- New Field: Button
Display a submit button
- New Field: Post type selection
Select any post type (format: checkbox, radio or select)
- New Field: Taxonomy selection
Select any taxonomy (format: checkbox, radio or select)
- New Field: Slug
A slug text input (ie:
- Settings page
Display all ACF settings in one page.
Dynamic Post Types
Create and manage post types from your WordPress administration (Tools > Post Types). All WordPress post types arguments can be set and managed. But also:
- Manage Posts per page, order by and order for the post type archive
- Manage Posts per page, order by and order for the post type administration screen
- Set custom single template (ie:
my-single.php) instead of the native
- Set custom archive template (ie:
my-archive.php) instead of the native
Create and manage taxonomies from your WordPress administration (Tools > Taxonomies). All WordPress taxonomies arguments can be set and managed. But also:
- Manage Posts per page, order by and order for the taxonomy term archive
- Manage Posts per page, order by and order for the taxonomy administration screen
- Set custom taxonomy template (ie:
my-taxonomy.php) instead of the native
Ajax Author Box
The native WP Author Metabox has been replaced with a dynamic version allowing to manage thousands of users without slowing down the post administration.
Taxonomy List & Edit
Taxonomies list & edit views have been enhanced for a more consistent administration experience, using CSS/JS only. Views are now similar to post type edition screens.
Manage WordPress options from Settings > Options.
- View, add, edit and delete options
- Working with strings and serialized values
Advanced Custom Fields
Manage ACF Options Pages from ACF > Options.
- View, add, edit and delete options pages
- All arguments are available
Block Types (Gutenberg)
Manage ACF Block Types from ACF > Block Types.
- View, add, edit and delete Block Types
- All arguments are available
- Requires ACF Pro 5.8
Flexible Content Enhancement
- Stylised Button: Add style to ‘Add Row’
- Hide Empty Message: Hide the native Flexible Content ‘Empty’ message
- Empty Message: Change the native Flexible Content ‘Click the Add Row button below…’ message
- Layouts Thumbnails: Add thumbnails for each layout in the layout selection
- Layouts Render: Add
script.js files settings for each layout. Those settings can be then accessed in the front-end
- Modal: Change the layout selection into a proper modal in the administration
- Modal: Title: Change the layout modal title
- Modal: Columns: Change the layout modal columns grid. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 columns available
- Modal: Categories: Add category for each layout in the layout modal
- Layouts State: Force layouts to be collapsed or opened by default
- Button Label: Natively supports Dashicons HTML
- One click: the ‘Add row’ button will add a layout without the selection modal if there is only one layout available in the flexible content